Built-in Real Application Cluster support for higher levels of system uptime Simplified installation and configuration, built-in automated management Suitable for all types of data and all your applications Proven performance, reliability, security and scalability of Oracle
With Oracle Database 11g you can:
- Adopt new technology faster with Real Application Testing
- Manage more data for less with advanced compression and partitioning
- Simplify systems by storing all your data in the Oracle Database with Oracle Secure files
- Maximize the ROI of disaster recovery resources with Oracle Active Data Guard
- Free critical personnel for strategic tasks with management automation And much, much more…
Microsoft SQL Server is an application used to create computer databases for the Microsoft Windows family of server operating systems. Microsoft SQL Server provides an environment used to generate databases that can be accessed from workstations, the Internet, or other media such as a personal digital assistant (PDA).
What is the Teradata RDBMS?
The Teradata RDBMS is a complete relational database management system. The system can use either of two attachment methods With the Teradata RDBMS, you can access, store, and operate on data using Teradata Structured Query Language (Teradata SQL). It is broadly compatible with IBM and ANSI SQL. Users of the client system send requests to the Teradata RDBMS through the Teradata Director Program (TDP) using the Call-Level Interface (CLI) program (Version 2) or via Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) using the Teradata ODBC Driver.
The Teradata Relational Database Management System (RDMBS) was designed with several objectives in mind, as viewed from the following perspectives:
The Teradata RDBMS was developed to allow users to view and manage large amounts of data as a collection of related tables. The goal of the Teradata RDBMS is to provide the benefits of a flexible relational database to its users.
Teradata RDBMS provides capacity includes:
- Terabytes of detailed data stored in billions of rows.
- Thousands of Microinstructions per Second (MIPS) to process data parallel processing makes Teradata RDBMS faster than other relational systems. Single data store can be accessed by network-attached host systems.
- Supports the requirements of many diverse clients fault tolerance automatically detects and recovers hardware failures. Data integrity ensures that transactions either complete or rollback to a stable state if a fault occurs. Scalable growth allows expansion without sacrificing performance.SQL serves as a standard access language that permits customers to control data.